Sunday, March 28, 2010

I don't get it about blogging

I like the idea of blogs a great deal more than I like reading them. It is absolutely not because bloggish writing is often amateurish, disorganized, self-centered or just crazy (though it is). It's because blogs seem to be un-search-for-able; I can't seem to easily find blogs relating to a certain topic. And in turn, the blogs themselves, though often bristling with links and pointers, seem to be organized in a way that makes absolutely no damn sense to me, and I feel fatigued and stressed dealing with them.

In the spirit of John Cage, who was never stressed by interruptions to his work because he "made a study of them," I propose to use this to make a study of how blogs work, and how they might work.

Bear with me as I thrash around with this, and I will try to make it skimmable or surveyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment